Friday, September 16, 2011

Bargain Beauty Buy - Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Oh, how often I have lamented my lack of luscious lashes! Seeing women with gorgeous fans of thick black lashes has always made me jealous, yet I've always held out hope that someday the perfect mascara would be developed for those of us who are lash-challenged. Is my search at an end?!?

After seeing the new Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara in Black Drama (quite the mouthful, eh?), I decided to give it a go. Here are the results!



The Claim: "False lash glam goes extra matte, extremely black, 300% more visible lashes corner-to-corner, no gaps. The most dramatic false lash fab volume!"


The Verdict: 99% true! I actually had really visible lashes after applying this mascara- much better than the blonde, non-existant lashes I normally have. With just one coat of mascara, my lashes looked thicker, fuller, longer, and much more visible due to the deep, black color. Were they 300% more visible?  I have to admit... they were! Did they look like false lashes? Well, of course not. They can't give me what nature did not intend. But even though I didn't appear to have on impossibly long false eyelashes, I did have a gorgeous pair of natural ones. The brush provided great coverage, the formula was silky and didn't clump, and my lashes looked even bigger and better after a 2nd coat. Go in with realistic expectations however... none of us are likely to come out with lashes like the model in the ad. If you do, please send me a picture so I can grumble and throw darts at it.


The Bottom Line: I would definitely recommend this product for everyone that needs that extra length and fullness in the lash area. Even if you have long, large lashes (lucky you!) I think you would be pleased with the definition and fullness this mascara provides. I know all girls (and all lashes) are different and they may not like the same mascara, but I really believe this is a mascara that the majority of women would use and enjoy on a daily basis. Plus, it's super affordable!


This product is also available in different colors, in a waterproof formula, and with a different brush for a flared effect. For more information, follow this link or check out your local store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I need some new mascara and I think I'll have to try this stuff out!

Amy Leigh said...

you're quite welcome! let me know if you try it out and if so, what you think. i knwo all people are different and liek different products but i think most everyone would like this one. :)

thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment