Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Sorry for the hit and miss posts over the past few months. Things have been really busy with my job lately and then I got super sick. Thankfully I'm finally feeling better though! Part of my New Year resolutions are to do better with my blogs (I have 2). So hopefully time will permit me to keep that resolution and post more faithfully here on Viva La Fashion.

I absolutely love Lucky magazine. It's the one magazine I have a subscription for (although my other favorite is InStyle). For those of you not lucky enough to have this month's Lucky, I thought I'd share my top 10 favorite items from the issue.




Favorite Item # 1:







Emily Blunt looks lovely in this Zuhair Murad gown with Ina Soltani coat. Winter white never looked so sleek and glam! I think this sparkly ivory dress is perfect for parties- classy and chic yet a gorgeous contrast to the scores of women who think that formal wear automatically means a little black dress.















Favorite Item # 2:

I love this unusual Spanish galleon ship ring from Flotsam and Jetsam. Designed by a welder trained in the old fashioned art of silversmithing, it's part of a collection called The Armada available on the Flotsam and Jetsam of New York website for $160. "Flotsam and Jetsam speaks of the spoils cast over board and washed ashore, sculptural narratives whose stories invoke the desperate journeys of abandoned souls that dared to step aboard and sail into the realms of monsters, sudden squalls and shallow shoals." It's like having a piece of Cpt. Jack Sparrow's jewelry right on your finger.







Favorite Item # 3:



This gray bulky cardigan from Armani Exchange makes me want to:

a) find a rich boyfriend who has a winter house in Cape Cod

b) curl up and read a good book in front of a fireplace

c) be young, blonde and beautiful like the girl in this picture

d) all of the above

Hmmm.... let me think.









Favorite Item # 4:

How beautiful is this chiffon clutch from Sondra Roberts??? The delicate silver chain and blush color are the perfect compliments to it's feminine, delicate rose design.












Favorite Item # 5:





This adorable cashmere blend, sweater dress from Kate Spade is adorable and versatile. Wear it with the optional belt to give yourself more curves. The navy and white pattern is demure and traditional but play up the sexy secretary look with a pop of color in your accessories.










Favorite Item # 6:




The stylish platform heels from Nine West come in 3 different colors/designs, but my favorite is this rich plum shade in suede. Perfect for fall and winter, they are available at zappos.com for only $62! That's almost $30 cheaper than the price listed on the Nine West website.











Favorite Item # 7:

I absolutely love this giant crystal necklace from Adia Kibur! Made for women who aren't afraid of large jewelry, this beautifully crafted necklace comes in neon pink and neon green. For those of you who love the style but want it in a more subdued color, it also comes in clear and black. A bit futuristic and edgy, this is the statement necklace of all times.









Favorite Item # 8:


I'm not sure why but I'm officially in love with this simple, solid-toned scarf from Echo. The waffle-weave like pattern and rich gold color make me think of crisp fall days, but it's light enough to wear year round. Available at echodesign.com for $38.

















Favorite Item # 9:






Preppy staples like these duck boots from Lands End never go out of style. Wear them with jeans or a feminine skirt and top it off with a thick jacket and plaid scarf.

















Favorite Item # 10:



Love this girl, love this makeup, love this shirt, love these accessories, but I especially love this skirt!!! As you can tell from this picture, this wool-blend skirt from Milly could easily transition into spring when paired with this breezy, nautical shirt, but I think this gorgeous skirt with gold-button detailing on the front is the perfect skirt for winter. Too often, winter clothes can feel bulky and unfeminine but this tailored mini would look great with tights and a fitted sweater. Try darker, ribbed tights for a more conservative look or bright, jewel-toned tights for a more modern look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adore the ring and absolutely love the cashmere blend sweater dress. If only I could afford all these things in your fashion tips:) Enjoy reading it as always.
Mom

millie said...

i love the cardigan and the platform heels from nine west :)

Post a Comment