Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Favorite Item of the Week - $14 Cardigan



WALMART SAVES THE DAY FOR FRUGAL FASHIONISTAS!

Blue scoop cardigan - Walmart $14; Eagle T-Shirt - Walmart, Cuffed Denim Capris- Walmart, Yellow Striped Scarf (Old Navy I think?), Silver Ballet Flats - Walmart, Jewelry and Bag - Random internet sites


First of all... let me say I am addicted to the internet. It is what allowed me to search for all these great and affordable pieces and then put them all together by using "copy" and "paste." :) Don't you just love technology?

Now on to fashion...

My absolute favorite item of the week (and perhaps spring) is the cardigan! Not just any cardigan however, I am officially and completely in love with the White Stag scoop cardigan available at Walmart. The quality is amazing and does not feel like anything you could get for the low price of $14. It is a super soft, silky blend that reminds me of the fabulous August Silk sweater. It does not cling, does not stretch or lose it's shape, does not shrink, and does not fade. I have officially dubbed it the miracle cardigan. :) It is great for all shapes and sizes and hides a multitude of sins for those of us who have... well a bit more shape and size! :P It comes in beautiful, spring colors (fuschia, country blue and the ever-handy white). It is also available in some very adorable patterns. I personally bought the hot pink and white flowered cardigan and wore it last week over a hot pink dress (also available at Walmart). I got a lot of compliments and one guy asked me for my number, so hey... not too bad! ;)

You can dress them up as I did last week- over a summery dress, with a cute flouncy skirt and tank, or even a pencil skirt and waist-cinching belt for the office. Or for casual days, do something like what I put together in the above posted photo. Cardigans are perfect for spring- you can use them throughout the day when it is still a bit cool or if the day warms up, take it off and show everyone the cute t-shirt or top below.

Cardigan tip... roll the sleeves up a bit until they are almost 3/4. That will help keep the granny-look at bay.

Go get you one of these cardigans at Walmart!!! I love cardigans and have several and I PROMISE, this is the best one I've ever bought. I'm just trying to decide which color (all of them!) I want now. You can't beat the terrific cut and feel of these sweaters and especially for the low price of $14! Do not allow yoruself to be tricked into buying a cardigan a bit more expensive just for the name and "supposed" better quality. You will not be disappoitned with this gorgeous cardigan from Walmart.

Have a safe and happy Easter!

-Amy

3 comments:

Mom said...

I started to buy myself one of the flowered ones, then I saw the blue chjecked ones. I never could make up my mind, but you are right! The fit, the material and the bargain cannot be beat! And I already have my cuffed capris (bought at out other favotire boutique in Texas :)

Nanx said...

You're so sweet Amy (: and I'm happy you're enjoying blogging because a lot of people deleted there blog and got a tumblraccount. I like tumblr too but it's less personal than blogger. I like your cardigan too the color is bright and perfect for spring it also got this jeanscolor which is one of trend this season. Lucky you haha! I'll try to check your blog often but since I have a memory of a goldfish you'll have to remind me of it.. Anyway keep posting you're doing good

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i love those cardigans!!!

Post a Comment