Friday, June 17, 2011

Orange for Everyone!

I just love when you're ahead of the game! :) If you check out pages 99-100 in the June issue of In Style, you'll see that they are singing the praises of the color tangerine! Seeing this article called to mind a blog I posted LAST spring/summer about why orange is a great color for everyone. I thought I would repost it here, along with a few updates and more recent pics.





I used to hate all things orange (well exept the fruit that is). Under the "about me" section on facebook, somewhere after I proclaim my love for Caramel Lattes from Starbucks and tacky jewelry, I wrote that I hate the color orange. Not sure what it ever did to me except remind me of that horrible orange carpet people decorated their houses with back in the 70's. However, the fact remained that I hated orange- peach was okay. So was coral. But orange? Bleck! However, these vibrant, gorgeous shades of orange have changed my mind for this season's wardrobe musts. Besides being bright and summery, it is hands down one of the most universally flattering shades on any skin/hair color! If you don't believe me, try it out! If one shade of orange doesn't look quite right, try a few more until you find the perfect shade for your skin tone. You will be surprised (as I was!) The color works out to be a bit Indian, slightly tropical, very cheerful, somewhat retro, but yet very modern.

And if you don't believe me on the flattering aspect of the color, check out how great orange looks on the varied skin/hair tones of these gorgeous women!



                 











                          
Fergie Avon orange dress black nails maroon jacket perfume outspoken intense wavy hair                                                             


Convinced yet??? If you're ready to integrate orange into your closet, you'll soon be aware of what a versatile color it really is.  A good tip from In Style is that orange goes well with navy blue, gray, beige, and hot pink! Avoid too much black so you don't look like a leftover Halloween pumpkin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment